We have created your accommodation unit around a grassland and waterhole, which has been the previous livelihood of man and beast over 100 years ago. We offer you probably the largest private space that any camp, lodge, hotel or accommodation-provider could offer in Sri Lanka. At our camp we have not fenced-in the elephants, but have instead fenced the living area, providing absolute peace of mind for our guests. Your stay involves an all-inclusive meal / beverage plan, with a personalised menu and silver service.
Your accommodation unit & the private space around it would consist of the following features.
- Arrival deck with a living room setting
- Bedroom Tent
- washbasin lounge with beanbags,
- Ensuite tent with a flushable toilet, an indoor shower with hot and cold water,
- A romantic star bed / daybed for you to relax or sleep in during the day or night,
- First-ever bush bathtub in Sri Lanka which overlooks the grassland in 1000 square metres of private space protected by an elephant fence.
There are plenty of private spaces within our boundaries for you to read, relax, meditate or practice yoga. If you wish to take part in guided meditation and yoga, specialised teachers can be arranged for your stay.
While you unwind in your private sanctuary, don’t forget to enjoy the magnificent views of the open grasslands and mountains from your suite-tent.
*Ahaspokuna has only 3 suite-tents to accommodate guests